Dryer Vent Cleaning Services
We offer quality, reliable and affordable dryer vent cleaning service provided by certified dryer exhaust technicians, that helps improve the safety and efficiency of your dryer installation. We’ll provide a complete examination and cleaning of your dryer vent system.
Fel-Air uses the RoVac system which is the most advanced equipment of its type. Using a combination of suction from a high powered vacuum and rotating brushes, the lint build-up is removed safely and effectively. Our system also contains the specialty tools needed to remove blockages such as birds nests.
Fel-Air urges you to get a professional dryer vent cleaning if:
- If your dryer vent has not been inspected or cleaned in over a year
- If you have a large family and use your dryer daily
- If you have white vinyl plastic coated flexible venting. This is no longer code-approved as burning lint can ignite in less than 12 seconds
- If your dryer vent has thin metal coated foil flex venting. If crushed or left curled behind your dryer this will stop air flow
- If your dryer is still heating but it is taking longer to dry a load of clothes (longer than 45-55 minutes to dry)
- If clothes are still damp or hotter than usual at the end of the drying cycle
- If clothes have a moldy smell after a dry cycle
- If the outdoor flapper on the hood vent does not open and close when the dryer is on
Fel-Air offers dryer vent cleaning, bird nest removal, and dryer vent repairs on residential homes, apartments, townhouses, condos and duplex's.
Special Report on House Fires
The United States Consumer Product Safety Commission has issued a special report detailing the fire hazards related to lint in clothes dryers and dryer vents. Approximately 15,000 fires per year are attributed to excessive lint in dryers and dryer vents. Additionally, dozens of deaths and millions of dollars of property damage occur as a result of these fires.
Fires can occur when lint builds up in the dryer or in the exhaust duct. Lint can block the flow of air, cause excessive build-up and can result in a fire in dryers and where they are located.